Saturday 2 August 2008

Sometimes a video is worth a thousand words...

Following yesterday's post asking about your most sarcastic response to questions about your 'funny diet', I wanted to share something many of you will already have seen but it's worth posting just for the few who haven't.

It's easy to forget sometimes just how much research you have done and how much knowledge you have assimilated in the journey from a 'normal' diet to some kind of low carb diet. So in the few cases where I have been engaged on the subject of my 'funny diet' and my interlocutor is still standing in front of me 15 minutes later, it's nevertheless only a matter of time before the glazed expression sets in. At that point I say "I'll send you a link." This is what I send them.

Here is the direct link.

The movie was made by a guy called Tom Naughton and the content based on a book called The Cholesterol Myths : Exposing the Fallacy that Saturated Fat and Cholesterol Cause Heart Disease by Uffe Ravnskov, M.D.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post/video have spread the word to many freinds and family as that 2.5 minute video can argue and get a point across a lot better than I can.

Great blog BTW.

Methuselah said...

Thanks - I hope it has the desired effect. Most people say 'wow, that really makes sense' but then a lot of them continue to eat garbage all the time anyway. As the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water...

Unknown said...

Haha totally love this video. I am amazed that Keys actually managed to get away with it!! With the help of Gary Taubes, the truth is slowly leaking out but the majority of doctors don't seem to take an interest.

Apparently they say the reason why Japan had a such a low incidence of heart disease was because of their low sugar intake.

Can't wait till I get my next blood test. "Your triglycerides are good....cholesterol is good.....blood sugar is excellent" TO WHICH I RESPOND "Yep guess all that beef dripping, lard, cream and egg was good for something:D" Can't wait for her reaction!

Methuselah said...

Daniel - be sure to let us know what she says - always enjoy hearing about the reactions of doctors when confronted with things like this!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin